About Dr. Young
One of Dr. Young’s greatest joys is the expression of her professional life. She has chosen dentistry as a career and finds that it is a good fit for her. It has given her the opportunity to share her talents on an individual basis each day. Whether she is in the office or teaching, she is proud to offer the best the field of dentistry has to offer to those around her.
Dr. Young would like to thank her team for their talents and contributions to our patients. Without them, she believes her accomplishments would not be possible.
Her educational background runs from attending high school in a small town to doctoral training in the city. She attended University of the Pacific in Stockton, California, and completed her degree in chemistry. She continued on to earn a Doctorate of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree from the University of the Pacific, San Francisco, California, in 1986.
Her professional development includes the following:
- • Fellowship Grant at the National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland
- • Board member of the National Association of Women Business Owners
- • San Diego County Dental Society Peer Review Committee — 10 years of service
- • California Dental Association — American Dental Association
- • Academy of Operative Dentistry — American Academy of Gold Foil Operators
- • Fellow of the Pierre Fauchard Academy — Academy of RV Tucker Study Clubs
- • Editor of the Lineangle Newsletter for the Academy of RV Tucker Study Clubs
- • Lecturer and Clinical Instructor — UCLA School of Dentistry